RE: There's this book....

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: There's this book....
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:49:15 -0000
At the risk of getting badly flamed, the 'dated' argument from both of these
detractors may have some sort of point, depending on how you define "in its
day".  After all, any car that remains in production for 18 years pretty
much unchanged has a lot of "days", and however modern it may be in it's
early days (being quite ahead of the game in terms of adopting unitary
construction, and having a hatchback), its later days are bound to see it
being an 18-year-old design still in production.

If it cheers anyone up, last month's edition of "Classic And Sportscar" did
a (somewhat lighthearted) comparison of the best popular classic, comparing
things like speed, handling, practicality, ease of maintenance, price, parts
availability etc.  The MGB came a very close second to the Lotus Elan, and
soundly beat an Austin-Healey 3000, Jag E-Type, AC Ace, and something else I
can't remember.

Anyway, I like dated, and do we REALLY care what these guys say?  It's only
an opinion, and everyone is entitled to one of them, just as we are entitled
to disagree with it!

Richard & Sammy II (who is out of date and quite happy with that)

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected. If
you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in
this communication shall be legally binding.