Re: There's this book....

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: There's this book....
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:40:12 -0800
I have emailed  the Porter character as I must admit his web page is a
little tacky to say the least.   May I suggest that none of us buys his garbage

At 01:41 PM 11/17/05, Peter C. wrote:
>... entitled Crapcars. Written by Richard Porter.
>
>I was just given this book by a friend who gets sent 100's of books a
>month to "review". Luckily no one paid for it.
>
>Needless to say, the beloved MGB is in it. From the inner jacket "Come
>take a ride in fifty of the most craptastic cars ever to hit the American
>highway."  The MGB is number 18. "If this car was...... (that's how each
>page begins)... any more old-fashioned, the instruction book would be in
>hieroglyphics."
>
>The rear jacket bio indicates he's a "screenwriter for BBC's immensely
>popular Top Gear program."   His website is www.sniffpetrol.com    Kind of
>an Onion Autoweek.
>
>Peter C.
>         ps..... don't shoot the messenger

Regards

Barrie Robinson

MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII
Canada
705-721-9060
barrie@look..ca

Purveyor of O-ring kits for restoring Smith & Jaeger gauges,
                       Stainless steel mesh grilles, air vents & airdams and,
                       Sound deadening material and kits for MGBs