Re: Faultless MGB-GT

To: 1971MGB <1971mgb@cox.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Faultless MGB-GT
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:08:49 +0100
To brake with a servo brake system where the servo has failed is absolutely
not the same as to brake with a brake system, which has no servo equipped at
all!
One cannot compare.
A brake system where the servo is in malfunction is very hard to brake
anyway!
A brake system without a servo works normally very well on a MGB. (I've got
the US spec tandem master cyl type).

I know this of experience, of one occasion, when my regular car's engine
stalled and the servo lost it's vacuum. The car was running still on a
crossroad - with no control.
Brakes were almost not effective - most dangerous situation.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT