Re: MGA RAG TOP air leak

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>, mgs
Subject: Re: MGA RAG TOP air leak
From: yd3 <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 22:07:49 -0600
Actually It's the other way around.  A new front bow is flat and must be
pressed down hard to get the screws tightened.  An old bow becomes warped from
moisture and follows the contour.  Thus it's not able to exert pressure in the
middle.  That's especially true if the top has been left up for long periods of
time.  I don't clamp the top down when the car is in storage.  I just put it up
and put the car cover on.

Regards.
Blake