Re: 79B dual carb conversion -- which type of carb?

To: ptroot@iaces.com
Subject: Re: 79B dual carb conversion -- which type of carb?
From: Emjaxfl@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:08:27 EST
OK, the list has checked my memory. What can I say but middle age.

Another thought. What kind of distributor is Keith going to use? Does he need
manifold or ported vacuum? The original US 1979 used manifold but the common
replacement Lucas 41427 uses ported.

For ported, he will need an HS manifold and carbs; for manifold he will need
HIF manifold and carbs.  Some parts are getting harder to source, as has been
mentioned. Also he will need an exhaust manifold if he still has the original
intake/exhaust combo manifold.

I suppose this is why do many people use the Weber DGV; they are mucheasier
ti buy and install but IMO require much more work than SUs to get them jetted
and set up properly.

My two cents,

Eric