Moment of Truth

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moment of Truth
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:56:21 -0500
Hello all,

She lives!

After 3 numerous people interruptions, I was finally able to get back to the
subject at hand. Reinstalled the plugs and wires, pulled the choke knob all
the way out, sat on the steel floor, cranked her over a couple of times, one
slight cough, just enough to throw the bendix out of mesh. Okay, she's going
to go.

Opened garage door to subfreezing winds, but at least I won't asphyxiate
myself. Garage furnace immediately cut in to try it's best.

Second try, and away she went! Immediate oil pressure, no apparent leaks
anywhere (yet), allowed her to warm up, did a bit of basic carb tuning, but
she's already pretty close. 5 minutes of smooth running, notice temp. gauge
working fine, and shut off. Pretty good for the first run up.

A couple of things to do....
need to polarize generator, adjust timing back slightly, a bit too much
advance.

However, I believe it's safe to say this little girl is back amongst the
living.

Now to finish installing interior, top, and complete hardtop restoration.

Rich Chrysler