Re: hand brake

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hand brake
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 09:58:01 EDT
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

While on the hand break issue I thought I'd  post my  MorganSercuity
system. If you unscrew the chrome button on top of the handbrake and
pull it up you will find that it treads to a rod which has the spring
around it.  Insure that the rod is threaded tightly to the operating
pin and allow the button to screw on loosely.  When I take my Morgan to
work ( about twice a week) I simply set the brake tight and  unscrew
the button taking it with me.
Without the button there is no upward spring pressure on the operating
pin so the brake will not release.
At a Morgan meet I offered a pitcher of beer to anyone who could move
my car. Seven Morgan owners tried and seven failed.
Not the most High Tech system but it works.

Bob Nogueira