Re: Preflighting

To: CHarris990@aol.com, jpavone@vanstar.com, RCooperman@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Preflighting
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 21:58:50 EDT
In a message dated 5/7/99 19:05:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CHarris990@aol.com writes:

<<
 A phone is just something else to try to stay up with and worry about
 (batteries, etc.).  I am from the Bob Nogureria school which maintains that
 first on any check out list is a towel.  Next is spare tire tools and a
small
 socket set and some wrenches.  Maybe a few screw drivers and a spare fan
 belt.  Since it is only a couple of hours away just go and if anything comes
 adrift you will get to meet some interesting folks.
 Harris >>

I agree with Harris about the cell phone.  I'd feel like one of those guys
that climbs halfway up Mt McKinley and gets worried and calls for a
helicopter to come rescue him.

The log book that came with my Morgan recounts that the 2nd owner back was
riding up the highway near Winchester VA in 1987 when the ignition quit.  He
was just out for a ride.  He flagged down a Volvo, whose occupants turned out
to be (of all people on earth) Win Sharples and Melvyn Rutter.  The owner
quoted Melvyn as saying "I have crossed the ocean and come to these mountains
for the purpose of helping you....".  Turned out to be a bad condenser, which
they went into town and got, and got him going.  Bet he'd never had that
story to tell if he'd been toting a cell phone!!!

By the way, got a taker on the electronic ignition.  Little League game
tonight, no chance to start the rewiring......

                                                        Lannis