Re: Areas of concern on a Morgan Chassis.

To: webster@buyclassiccars.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Areas of concern on a Morgan Chassis.
From: RCooperman@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 15:45:37 EDT
Jeff,

I just completed a MAJOR renovation of my '69 4/4 including replacement of
the chassis, valences and a lot of wood.  The original chassis cracked
through on both sides just in front of the doors.  Also the back end of the
valences by the fire wall rusted through as did the bottom of the firewall
itself.  Of course the locus of chassis/valence rust was accompanied by dry
rot of the nearby frame members.  Lastly several of the cross members were
similarly afflicked.  This all made for a disaster waiting to happen.  The
fellow restoring the car used a factory chassis augmented by strengthening at
several points.  He also sent it out for a proper powder coating as the
factory one is at best "iffy."  I will ask him as to what the mods were.

Richard
'69 4/4 with new chassis