Re: [oletrucks] Trucks:Rear End Ratios

To: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trucks:Rear End Ratios
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:32:34 -0500
I can't explain the discrepancy in the method of turning the wheel and
comparing the axle rotations - but when you open up the back, and count the
teeth on the pinion gear and ring gear, you will get something like pinion =
11, ring = 39. Ring/pinion = 39/11 = 3.545 or 3.55. or 39/10 = 3.90.

Jack / Winter Park FL