Re: [oletrucks] VIN Numbers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] VIN Numbers
From: sclone23@thevision.net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 99 04:35:09 +0000
Thanks for your help, Iam still a little confused though. I have been told by a
couple people that the VIN Number is 9 digits. Mine is 8. Everything points it
to be a 1949 3100, except the last digits. I have for consecutive digits
(numbers) and I was told there was five. Is this always true? I am begining to
wonder if someone assigned a false VIN to my truck. Can anyone help??? Let me
know if it matters if the VIN is 8 or 9 digits.

Thanks Again,

Shane
1949 Chevy Pickup

<pre>
Shane, not completely sure about the '49s, but my '47-2 has nine digits in
the VIN.  The '47 VINs started with "E", I believe the '48s started with
"F"....so I assume the '49s started with "G"...but I'm not sure about this.
Hope this helps at least a little!
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100