Re: [oletrucks] Thanks...'53 - 235.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Thanks...'53 - 235.
From: John Dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 00:27:03 -0700
Casey,

        It's not difficult to find parts, both clifford and stovebolt sell
parts & performance parts for them.

        It is probably worth a little more than a later 235 because it will fit
better in a AD truck.
The later 235s had a long shaft water pump that mounted lower on the
engine. You have to buy a special water pump to fit the later 235s in an
AD truck and then the fan isn't centered behind the radiator and will
hit the harmonic balancer if you use a larger fan blade.

         It's a good engine for your truck.

John
"49-50-54-57-79-95" Chevy 3800 panel