Re: [oletrucks] Thanks...'53 - 235.

To: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Thanks...'53 - 235.
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 12:20:52 -0400
Casey,
  The '53 powerglide, the '54 and the '55 1st all have the water pump located
lower on the block to match the radiator height better than other 235's. Also
they have the right length water pump. The '53 has the added distinction of
being
the only one with a 216 type valve cover. This makes it a little easier to
disguise as a 216 if that's of any importance to you. Otherwise they are quite
similar to later 235's with the exception of later heads with a casting #
beginning in 848 have a bit  higher compression.

Grant 50 3100