Re: [oletrucks] Sand Blaster

To: W&D <haist@jps.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Sand Blaster
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 07:59:45 -0400
I bought a used inexpensive generic pressure blaster and have also used a
friends Tip blaster extensively. The Tip comes with a nice dead man shutoff
nozzle and I like the fool proof way the tank seals. The cheap blaster has a
screw type closure on the tank that unless you are meticulous in making sure
there is no sand on it when you close it will go on easy but seize up when you
go to remove it. The only way I got mine off was to cut it and weld on a new
threaded assy. The cheap one comes with a ball valve that starts leaking 15
minutes after you replace it. Eventually I get tired replacing them and just let
it run all the time putting the tip against a piece of rubber if I want to shut
it down. The cheap one does OK otherwise but the important thing is to have big
enough 2 stage compressor. As Bob says 6 CFM will not make it.

Grant 50 3100