Re: [oletrucks] '59 Chevy 3/4 ton tranny?

To: Bob bdfentr <bdfentr@zeus.symet.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '59 Chevy 3/4 ton tranny?
From: Bruce Ford <Booomie@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:32:11 -0400
Another option, besides the 700, would be a 4L80 or 4L80E, which is basically a
TH400 with an overdrive.  The is an electronic controlled.  They are much more
durable than the 700s.  Everyone I talk to say that the 700s will break no
matter what you do to them.  Just another option.   Also, in rebuilding my rear
for my monte carlo, I was able to replace the axles, posi unit, ring and pinion
for all under $1000.  So that might be another good option.

Just some thoughts....
Bruce