Re: Help! Re: [oletrucks] Re: smallblock mount: was [alternate location

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help! Re: [oletrucks] Re: smallblock mount: was [alternate location for master cylinder]
From: "Paul G. Blosser" <pblosser@sripok.win.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 22:26:41 -0500
Thanks for your input.  I was in a bit of a panic to say the least!
I also called Chassis Engineering after pouring over their catalog again
and its tips for engine installation.  The tech I spoke with said to
take out the crossmember as well.  So I got out the three-pound sledge
and the chisel and I've started.  I'm looking forward to the nexr time I
set the engine in -- it will be a couple weeks because my next few
weekends are all lined up otherwise.

Anyone coming to the NSRA in SPringfield MO?  I have the 235 engine and
3 speed transmission out of this 54 if anybody needs an engine or parts.
I'm about 60 miles northeast of Springfield, but won't be able to get
into town over the weekend. If you want this let me know and I can get
you a map and directions.

I originally thought about getting the six cylinder running, but this
truck sat for about ten years and the motor seems pretty frozen up, at
least I was unable to turn it over with a 3/4 drive ratchet on the crank
pulley.    I'll also have a rearend and torque tube available as soon as
I can get it out of the truck.

Again, thanks.

Paul Blosser
School of Metaphysics