Re: [oletrucks] '57 hinge pocket replacement question

To: <varanus@mail.phoenix.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '57 hinge pocket replacement question
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:09:17 -0700
The lower hinge pockets seem to take a beating on almost any TF that has
ever been "used" for work.  That area just seems to collect dirt and
anything else that is around.  You may have a very hard time finding an
"original" that doesn't have the same problem (or one that someone is
willing to let you cut up).  If you find a cab that isn't rusted there, it
will probably be a very solid and restorable cab.  I haven't changed my
hinge pocket yet, but I will have to.  My brother got a "repro" pocket from
Chevy Duty a few years back and was very happy with it.  Good luck with it.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco