[oletrucks] are 261's rare???

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] are 261's rare???
From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 14:35:01 +0000
Hi again:  just wondering.  My 57 2 ton has a 261ci .  I thought they
were pretty common in the bigger trucks and even as an option for the
 3100-3800 starting in 57.  Yet, I don't recall seeing anyone mention
or otherwise talk about this motor.  My recollection from driving the
truck several years ago was that it was a very nice motor.  I could
definitly notice a difference from the 216 and even from the 235.  It
just felt more torquey.