[oletrucks] Request for info...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Request for info...
From: thistle@midcoast.com (Kathy Bray)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:24:57 -0400
Hi all,

I just purchased my first Chevy truck--1952 body with a 1954 engine--I had
to be satisfied with a model of a '53 and the original catalogs (that my
father gave me) for years, so I am thrilled to finally have the REAL thing.
The engine is in great shape and runs well but the body, although solid,
needs some attention and I am posting to request some info on suppliers. I
need running boards and the running board splash aprons as well as a new
wooden bed. Where is the best place to go to find these parts? I currently
have 2 catalogs--1 from Obselete Chevy Parts and 1 from Golden State Pickup
Parts. Are these good sources for parts? Are there others? Would you
recommend Oak or Yellow Pine for the bed?

Thanks in advance.

Kathy Bray
and "Old Bess"