Re: [oletrucks] Good rebuilt engines

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Good rebuilt engines
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 20:38:10 -0400
Brinkman wrote:

> Does anybody know where to get good rebuilt motors?I just bought a
> 1950
> 5 window pickup with no powerplant and I'm not even sure what motor it
> is supposed to have.Where do I start?HHHHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!
> 1959

I've just pulled the engine and 3 speed tranny out of my 53 and would
offer it to any list member here that might be close enough to pick it
up.  I really don't want to get into trying to ship it.  I guess it's a
216 C.I. and was running fine when I drove it home.  It has a leaky
freeze plug, but that's it.  Complete with starter, generator,
distributor, exhaust/intake, carb, etc.  I have no idea what's a fair
price, but if someone wants to take the set-up for $200, e-mail me off
list.  I'm located in  North/Central Mass.  It's still on the truck
frame, but totally disconnected, ready to lift off.

Does anyone know what the engine and tranny tegether might weigh?

Wally / Templeton, MA