Re: [oletrucks] Good rebuilt engines

To: "Brad Newman" <bkn@cyberramp.net>, "Brinkman" <brinkman@warwick.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Good rebuilt engines
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 22:29:10 -0400
Although Brad is right about almost any engine will fit, the easiest is
either the original 216 (if your into the "original" look, but may be hard
to find-last made in 53 & babbitt bearings, splash oil, etc.) or a 235
(models after 54/55 need to use a modified water pump) & these were made up
to around 62; they have full flow/pressure oil systems, regular insert type
bearings & more power (also more hot rod parts available, if you want to
soup up, but still look era typical).  First, though, I would strongly
recommend buying a shop manual & an assembly manual.  Most of the vendors
have them (reproductions) or I have found a guy on ebay that is selling all
kinds of manuals; search for seller auto4.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX