Re: [oletrucks] Listen! I'm torque'n here

To: <Passnb4U@aol.com>, <pfoxtrot@gate.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Listen! I'm torque'n here
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:37:12 -0700
You could also call your local auto parts store or fastener place and find
out what the "standard" torque should be for a bolt of that particular
size, grade, and thread.  I don't know for sure, but I think U-bolts are
normally grade-5 or better.  I have a reference sheet, that has the
"standard" torque values for quite a few different bolts.  If you have a
size and a grade, I could give you the information that I have.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco