Re: [oletrucks] Title, Inspection & Tags in Texas?

To: stellman@noex.com, Bennett@HUNTPROP.COM, oletrucks@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Title, Inspection & Tags in Texas?
From: "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@zeus.symet.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:19:53 CST
More Info - Title and tags in Texas
My daughter transfered the title with no problems. She told the Alvin, Texas
Tag Agency that she was going to restore the truck and that it was not running
right now. She was able to also get State Farm to insure it in the garage in
case the house burned down. All they needed was a picture for an approximate
valuation. The valued the old rust bucket, er truck at $2,800 dollars on a
picture.

Also when you go to get the tags for it do not tell them that it has a Camero
front end, V8 repalced the I-6, disk brakes vs. drums, etc. They will make you
fill out a form basically stating the truck was built as a 99 model with a 50's
body on it. You have in effect built a new truck and it will be tagged as such.
Then follows all the other laws governing your "new " vehicle.

Good luck..Bob Fentress