Re: [oletrucks] Authorized California Weighmaster?

To: tburt@hirose.com, Hudson29@aol.com, haist@jps.net,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Authorized California Weighmaster?
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:29:21 EDT
In a message dated 7/29/99 10:20:35 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tburt@hirose.com writes:

<< It is aggravating when you have to deal with the DMV.  The employees at
the
 desk are not paid that well and are just warm bodies (robots) that push
 paperwork.  Ask them a serious question and they have to pull out handbooks
 to read up on rules and regulations.

 Arrggghhh!

 Tom B. '57 Stepside 3200 >>

  I'll second that,

  My last trip to the DMV here in Fremont, was to transfer title and do the
paperwork on a '31 Dodge.  A few things they wanted done, I could
understand..here the requests:

1.  Have the FPD verify the serial number to the truck  (no problem, I can
deal with this)

2.  Have the vehicles weight certified (okay, no problem, it was a basket
case when I bought it, it could be sitting on a Mack truck frame and
suspension).

3.  A current smog check.  I'm still fighting this one.  Since the highly
educated counter help at the DMV scribbled this on the form when I was doing
the paperwork, it's now in the computer that a smog check is needed.

I'm just going to wait till the 3 years are up and it's out of the system and
try again.

Mike