[oletrucks] Cab Repair

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Cab Repair
From: "Mike Stone" <mrston@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:37:27 GMT
Hi everyone. I've got a 50 cab in good shape overall, but there is
rust-through at the bottom of the windshield frame track, on each side from
the point just even with the wiper mount outward. The rust runs about six
inches out on each side. I've never seen a patch for that area of the cab.
Same thing along the top of the rear window track. I'm learning body work
the hard way! What have others done to fix this area? Second, how do you
free up the vent assembly on the upper middle of the cab in front of the
dash? The handle seems to push in fine, but the vent flap only goes up about
1/8". Seems to bind in the mid-rear of the flap, at the center of the "V".
I've used half a can of WD 40. Is there a fix for either of these short of
bondoing everything up? Thanks for all the help! Mike Stone.