Re: [oletrucks] Cab Repair

To: Mike Stone <mrston@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cab Repair
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 20:33:16 -0400
   I had rust in my cab above the rear window as you describe. Poking with a
screwdriver revealed it to be worse than it first appeared, about a foot long. I
cut it out and welded in a patch from another cab. I  have patches for the front
window but will have to check if I have one for the rear.
  I also had a seized cowl vent. In my case the two rivets were seized and
suspect it's the case with yours. I ended up grinding the ends of the rivets
off, driving them out  and replacing with others from a parts truck. They are a
shouldered rivet and I don't know if they are available anywhere.

Grant 50 3100