Re: [oletrucks] engine troubles

To: Passnb4U@aol.com, longgw@nni.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine troubles
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:26:55 EDT
<<  When i put it in gear it proceeded to die, I started
  it up again with a little trouble and it backfired(quietly) and died
  it did this a few times. Pretty soon it wasn't even firing.  When we pulled
the dipstick it had an extra
  half quart that it didn't have before and it smells of gasoline.  >>

Maybe the fuel pump diaphragm  ruptured, so it stopped pumping gas, but is
dumping it into the crankcase.  check fuel pump presure and volume by
disconnecting at carb and cranking engine with coke bottle  to catch gas if
it does pump. It should develop 2-3 psi pressure.
Bob ADler