RE: [oletrucks] transmission problems

To: "Schorn, Tim" <SchornT@ci.fort-worth.tx.us>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] transmission problems
From: "Joe Clark" <jclark1@utk.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 08:54:04 -0400
Tim:
I've been using straight 90 weight.  I'll try the synthetic oil.  If it
works it sure beats having to pull that tranny again.

I tore into the one that was grinding in second this weekend.
Looks like the front bushing on my counter gear has disintegrated.
My guess is that, when I'm in second, there is pressure on the rear
of the counter gear which causes the front to flop around.
According to my shop manual, it should have bearings but mine
has bushings.???  If the fluid doesn't work I may replace the
counter gear with the one from my other tranny.

Thanks for the tip and the response!
Joe

Joe Clark
'50 3100 Deluxe