Re: [oletrucks] synthetic Oil for 216

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] synthetic Oil for 216
From: "Rob J." <rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:15:32 -0700
The only reason I can think of as to why NOT to use a detergent oil or a
synthetic oil, would be on an engine that spent years running non-detergent
oil (or poor oil changes).  Then the worry would be the breakup of all the
sludge that had built up over the years.  But on a fresh rebuild, I think
any of the newer oils (detergent or synthetic) would be acceptable.  I've
used both on mine, and two cross country trips and over 20,000 miles on the
rebuild says I'm doing SOMETHING right.
Rob