Re: [oletrucks] hydrallic ram

To: "jls" <jls@sessio.com>, "Tom Burt" <tburt@hirose.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] hydrallic ram
From: "David" <David@gardener.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:13:22 -0500
I have refurbished several over the last year for a friend with an auto
repair shop.  All of these had a fill hole about 2/3 of the way up the ram.

They are very tough to get apart.  It required an 8 inch pipe vise and an
old heavy heavy steel pipe wrench about 32 inches long.  The top hex
assembly is threaded into the case.  In all instances, the bottom was also
threaded into the cast base.  While it is apart, replace the seals.  I would
think you could drill a hole to fill the case.  The ones I worked on all
used plugs for the hole.  Look at new hydraulic rams to see the location.

Good luck.

David Edwards
1954 3100 5 Window