Re: [oletrucks] Wiper Motor

To: drthorn@swbell.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wiper Motor
From: ldfinley@juno.com
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 00:01:50 -0500
I'm a newby to the club.  I can't make it up to Jenks this weekend
because I have to work and have a hole in the radiator to boot.  I'm just
limping it around until payday.  It's a slow leak, but I have to add
water daily.

Good luck on your '52.  Let me know if you need any advice.  One piece of
advice I'll give you right now.  Disconnect the battery before you take
out the instrument gages.  I came pretty close to burning mine completely
up the other night!  I was removing the gas gage for replacement, and in
the process ruined a perfectly good temperature gage.  Just another $100.
 However, I was lucky that's all that happened.  Things in the benzel
glowed red hot, and smoked bad, including my finger!

Oh well, they say life's a learning experience.

Happy Trucking!

Larry Finley
OKC
"The Mighty 51"  3100 Deluxe Cab