Re: [oletrucks] Wiper Motor

To: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wiper Motor
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:46:41 -0400
  I have installed a Newport Engineering motor in mine. I had to send it back to
Newport to have it re-bracketed so it wouldn't interfere with the throttle
cable. They did this for no charge. Between the original brackets and one they
gave me with the rebracketing I have three that are now in my junk box and  I
made one to fit. This bracket is supposed to go on the back of the motor to the
steering column to cowl brace. Locate your motor and them figure out what you
need to make for this.
   After going through this I still need to do some work this winter as I'm not
happy with the sweep no mater how I adjust it. Seems the left sweep is  shorter
than the right. I saw a truck at rainy Wendell show this year suffering from the
same anomaly so I assume this is another Newport Engineering flaw. I spent the
money on this unit rather than cobbling my own from a junkyard motor thinking
that it would save me time in my restoration. There is another manufacturer of
these units but it suffers from the same problems.

Grant 50 3100