[oletrucks] Cab Repair

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Cab Repair
From: "Mike Stone" <mrston@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 21:31:40 GMT
Hi Group, Could someone please tell me how far up the flap should rise on
the top cab vent when fully opened from beneath the dash? I'm restoring a 50
AD, and I don't think it's opening all the way. The cowl vent on the
driver's side opens about 3 to 31/2 in., but the lever won't lock in the
open position on the top one, and it only opens about 1/2 to 3/4 in. I've
used WD40 on it repeatedly. Some suggested stuck rivets, but I can't locate
any. I'm sure the answer must be in front of me, but I've got too much WD40
in my eyes! Suggestions? Other than weld it shut....  Thanks guys! Mike
Stone.