Re: [oletrucks] Advance Design front end mods

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Advance Design front end mods
From: Chris Dillon <dillo021@tc.umn.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 12:41:21 -0500
Just to through in my two cents I used a 1978 Monte Carlo cut it off near the
firewall.
this is a full framed car not a subframe car.  It fit between the frame rails
perfectly and if you line tire locations of the Monte frame with the stock frame
of the AD and move the motor mounts ahead and up and inch both ways and you
should be set.  you have to make sure you mount the fram at the same angle it is
on the monte or your caster will be messed up and it may no be able to be
aligned correctly seems to me it was 7 degrees lower in the rear when the frame
is motor less, not sure though I've had the truck on the road for a year and a
half and while I have had problems it has never been the front suspenson.  The
ride is nice and it handles like a dream.  This  was work and wasn't a no
brainer, but my father-in-law and I had the subframe welded and motor mounted in
a weekend and the sheet metal rehung the next weekend.  If you are considering
this swap I will give any help I can.

Chris Dillon
51 Chevy 3100 ROD