Re: [oletrucks] nova rear??

To: "Dave P" <my51truck@eudoramail.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] nova rear??
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 06:19:47 -0400
Dave,

   The Nova rear seems to be a popular swap but I can't confirm the spring
perch question - the original trans will have to go, though, because the
tailshaft is part of the torque-tube ball joint. A Saginaw 3-speed or
4-speed wil bolt right up to the stock bell housing though. They go for
about $100 (or less) at wrecking yards. The 4 speed has good ratios, but the
shifter mounts way back on the tailshaft - not good on a bench seat truck -
Patrick's sells a nice Hurst shifter for the Saginaw that moves the stick
forward to the center of the floor.

Jack / Winter Park FL