Re: [oletrucks] nova rear??

To: jelerath@us.ibm.com, STELLMAN@noex.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] nova rear??
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:37:06 EDT
In a message dated 99-09-28 13:50:40 EDT, jelerath@us.ibm.com writes:

<< On my differential there are no mounting brackets welded to the housing.
That
 is, the spring "perch" is actually part of the "U"-bolt/shackel/plate
assembly
 that bolts to the axle housing.  The springs and the shocks mount to this
plate.
 It can attach anywhere along the length of the axle housing as long as the
 diameter of the housing is smaller than the inside diameter of the "U"-bolt.
So,
 if the truck frame is narrower than the donor frame, the "U"-bolts just
attach a
 bit closer to the drive shaft.

 Am I missing something?

  Interesting,  I wonder what keeps the axle housing from twisting under
acceleration?  You must (least I hope so) have something welded to the axle
tubes.

  Mike