Re: [oletrucks] nova rear??

To: "Dave P" <my51truck@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] nova rear??
From: jelerath@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:11:54 -0600

I purchased a '53 1/2ton with a Chevy differential.  I don't know the exact car
it is from, but if interested, I can get the casting numbers.  I blew an axle
bearing in it and the machine shop that fixed it said it was a "common"
differential, the kind used in th mid sixties from a passenger car.  It is 54"
between the brake backing plates.  I don't know the distance from axle flange to
axle flange.  There were two widths of drum brakes in those years.  Mine are the
narrower, but the diameter is large (perhaps 10-11 inches).

If someone can determine the possibile donor cars for the differential based on
casting numbers, that might help a number of people on the list.

Jon Elerath
jelerath@us.ibm.com

"Dave P" <my51truck@eudoramail.com> on 09/26/99 08:27:26 PM

Please respond to "Dave P" <my51truck@eudoramail.com>