Re: [oletrucks] Bellhousing and flywheels

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bellhousing and flywheels
From: Seymour Bunz <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 17:07:34 -0500
> I have tried to loosen those bolts and boy! they are tight, I think a
> gorilla tigthten them, I will try to use a breaker bar tomorrow, any
> hints on how to do this better without busting my knuckles?
> Thanks,
>
> Antonio,
> '53 3100

Antonio, they are probably put in with lock-tite.  I used it on my Chevelle's
flex-plate.  As far as loosening them, you might get by with putting a wrench on
a bolt head and turing the flywheel until the wrench jams against the housing,
then loosen another bolt.  Continue like this.  Also I have seen guys wedge a
wood block so that the teeth dig into it and keep the wheel from turning.

Wally