Re: [oletrucks] Brake help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake help
From: "john r dorsey" <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 99 21:47:38 PST
first problem is that if you have a 3800 it is a one ton instead of a 3/4
ton. You may not be able to find shoes but may have to have the old ones
relined.

Second problem is that the '73 master cylinder is for a disc/drum system.
The two different sized lines are so the front and the rear can't get mixed
up. Using this master cylinder the front brakes won't have a residual
pressure applied to them and may cause the cylinders to leak.

I used a master cylinder from a '68 chevy one ton on mine before I changed
to disc on the front.

John
1950 chevy 3800 panel
1952 GMC 640 firetruck