[oletrucks] '57 235 PCV

To: oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] '57 235 PCV
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:55:04 -0700
Whitney--Howdy!

The 55 CAR assy manual shows RPO 417 (positive crankcase ventilation)
rigged as follows:

The vacuum tube connects at the manifold, where the vacuum wipers
connect, then runs across to the PCV valve at the top of the "draft
tube"...it is a different tube than the normal one, with no lower draft
part.

The other hose connects from the air cleaner to the fitting on the side
of the valve cover.

Keep in mind that PCV was retrofitted to lots of California cars...so
you may have an oddball non-Chevy setup.

To make PCV work, you need to get the airflow to go thru the crankcase,
so just running it thru the valve cover won't accomplish too much.  I
don't know if the setup you have will work very well, if it just
connects to two places on the valve cover.  Perhaps you might want to
tie it to the road draft tube somehow.

Jim