[oletrucks] Wheel spacers

To: oletrucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Wheel spacers
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 11:34:35 -0700
I thought I'd mention something on this thread.  If you do use wheel
spacers, you have to be carefull.  The lug studs are usually too short
to fully engage the nuts, so you may have to get longer studs.
According to the NHRA, if you want to go drag racing, you must have the
stud penetrating into the hex part of the nut by at least the diameter
of the stud (about 1/2").  Many aftermarket wheels have thick centers,
and use long shank nuts, where the stud does not enter the hex part of
the nut at all.  A safety thing that many folks don't think about untill
a wheel drives past them on the freeway.

All this talk of studs and penetrating reminds me of a joke...but,
that's for another list   :)

btw, the disk/drum jokes are great...and they're oletruck related!

Jim