[oletrucks] Distributor & Steel Ball

To: "OleTruck list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Distributor & Steel Ball
From: "Eric Johnson" <j.eric1@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:21:15 -0800
Hi to all, My distributor is original(well the housing is) and I have a SW
mechanical tach like the one in Calif.Bill's speed manual. My question is,
do these dist. have bushings that can be replaced, because my rotor is
rubbing some of the post on my cap and my shaft is not bent. Yes I have the
proper cap & rotor. My other question is about the steel ball on the
flywheel for timing. Did they always put these at tdc or were they different
for size and year of motor. Mine appears to be at tdc when looking at
piston. And can you have crossfire induction because of the routing of plug
wires or is that just on v8s. Thanks for all the good information that
everyone has put out there.
Eric Johnson
48 carryall w/ 56 gmc 270