Re: [oletrucks] rear end question

To: pkupman57@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] rear end question
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:09:45 EST
In a message dated 11/28/1999 12:50:24 PM Mountain Standard Time,
pkupman57@hotmail.com writes:

<< i,
   i know this question has been answered a million times over, but im now in
 the possition i didnt think i ever would be. becuase my parents (im 17) want
 to get me a new rear end becuase the caddy i have now has a different bolt
 patteren as the chevy i have in front. and they want them to be the same,
 becuase i only have one spare tire to carrry. my question is, what chevy
 rear end will be almost, if not, a direct bolt in to my stock  leaf springs
 and shocks, and everything (5 lug)? and, if i  get one of the disk brake
 kits for the front, can i pull the rotors off the same camaro/firebird and
 use them with the kit? how bout the calipers? im planning on getting the kit
 either from pickups northwest, or No Limit. thanks for any help, it is
 greatly appreciated.
 Brian
 Jess; '57 chevy 3200

Don't swap rearends just for the spare! You can get a spare (or two, or four)
wheel(s) from Pete Paulsen with both patterns. I even have a GM space-saver
spare with both! Ask your parents to give you the money you save and use it
for something your truck really needs.
Good Luck! Let me know if you need info on Pete Paulsen.

Mike Jensen