Re: [oletrucks] Seat Cover - Do It Yourself

To: Stephen <slb1@humboldt1.com>, Chevy Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Seat Cover - Do It Yourself
From: Dave Thomas <dthomas@series2000.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 05:37:08 -0800
Stephen,

I use a lovely olive green Lady Kenmore bought from the thrift store many
years ago.  It is, of course, a Sears sewing machine.  The only problem I
encounter is that you must sometimes assist the mechanism that pulls the
fabric along, as three layers of vinyl  is a bit of a challenge to the old
thing.  I would be willing to bet that a newer machine would do the job
better.  I also used upholstery grade nylon thread, same color as the vinyl.

To the rest that are interested, Ron Ramirez wrote (concerning the seat cover
instructions):

Dave, how about we post this in the Tech section of Chevytrucks.org?  This
would be an excellent article for the site, and I would be happy to have the
illustration, also. Please let me know. Thanks.
--
Ron Ramirez - mrphilco@mail.wko.com - Providence, KY

Ron,

Does this mean that the illustration will also be in the tech section?  I will
send one to you immediately, and if it can be posted there fine, if not I will
send it out to those who have requested.

Dave Thomas,
'54 3100