Re: [oletrucks] Chrome trim

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Chrome trim
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 21:07:02 EST
Stick a magnet on it! If a magnet doesn't stick, then you know it's 300
series stainless. If not, it's prolly mild steel, although 400 series is
magnetic, but less common.

I always thought I had a stainless grill on my '50 GMC because the grill is
perfect with no rust anywhere, but by looking at the condition of the rest of
the truck, the grill shouldn't have any chrome left on it! I stuck a magnet
on it and it stuck so it must be steel. Just some damn good chrome I guess!
Actually, at the time of purchase, the grill was the only reason I bought the
truck!  Have an excellent new year!

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons