[oletrucks] Rex

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rex
From: "Terry S. Glines" <ace0027@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 22:40:35 -0600
    13 years ago I got a little gray ball of fur with big ears, a puppy
I named Rex. A Wiemer that grew to 75 lbs.
    Over the years he has been with me from Single life, to married
life, and here to Welcome my son into the world. Always been at my feet,
and slept beside my bed each night.
    I can't even remember being out in the shop without him there lying
on his favorite dirty ole blanket. If I headed out the door he would be
there waiting and run ahead to the shop door.
    Somtimes looking a fright, covered with Bondo Dust, Grease and even
mig welder burns. He was always my co-pilot in Ace 1, even those weekly
trips for 3 hours to Lubbock and back. Rain, snow, heater or not.
    A true ole-truckers buddy! Though of late he was getting slow with
arthritus, and just plain ole age. I even had to help him up and down
the step into the shop. But still there he was everyday in his corner,
lying on his blanket. Looking at the new Panel, and asking when we were
going for a ride.
    Rex died today, and I buried him beside the shop. And I must admit I
wasn't able to go in there today at all.
    My Trucker Buddy will be missed.

Terry and Ace