Re: [oletrucks] '48 Vs Y2K update

To: "David" <David@gardener.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '48 Vs Y2K update
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 19:04:32 -0800
I used to use a cylinder leak down gauge to see where the problem is
located.  Basically what you do is test each cylinder one at a time by
pulling each sparkplug and bring the cylinder up to the compression stroke
"both valves closed", insert and adapter into the sparkplug hole that then
attaches to a regulated shop air supply line.  As the air is applied into
the cylinder you listen for air at :
1.  The tailpipe bad exhaust valve
2.  Radiator or valve cover top "remove filler cap" for bad head
gasket/cracked head or block.

This tool might be available at a tool rental yard in your town.

Joe