[oletrucks] '48 Vs Y2K update

To: Oletrucks Digest <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] '48 Vs Y2K update
From: Edward Miller <edngael@open.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 21:44:17 -0800
 Hi Mike,

If the truck's cold it might steam anyway at first.  If it's coolant,
you should be able to smell anti-freeze in the steam coming from the
tail pipe; at least I could the only time I've ever seen a leak like
that.

Spark, fuel, compression are all good?  Believe me, I'm sympathizing:  I
can fix most things on cars and trucks, but diagnosing problems is
really hard for me.

Ed Miller
'58 Apache Fleetside

The real problem is revealed by the large cloud of white smoke
|(steam) that comes from the tail pipe.  I'm guessing that the head
gasket
is