Re: [oletrucks] 454-502 big blocks

To: "SHAWN & JO" <yooperwannabe@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 454-502 big blocks
From: jelerath@us.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:10:02 -0700

I recently went on a fan boat ride in the Everglades.  The boat had two
500ci Cadillac engines on it.  WOW what a rush (noise, power, etc ).

Jon '53 3100
jelerath@us.ibm.com

"SHAWN & JO" <yooperwannabe@prodigy.net>@autox.team.net on 01/13/2000
05:00:28 AM

Please respond to "SHAWN & JO" <yooperwannabe@prodigy.net>

Sent by:  owner-oletrucks@autox.team.net

To:   "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
cc:

Caddy used a 500 Big block and nothing will interchange with the 454
although the Caddy is touted to be the superior of the 2 engines. (Gasp!
Sacrilege!) The Caddy is supposed to get better gas mileage, cheaper to
build. Etc, etc. Street Rodder magazine had a year long build up on one in
98. There are a couple of major players in the Caddy performance industries
and I can provide names if anyone is interested.
    I'm eventually going to try one in my 81 Chevy Ambulance as it only
gets
7mpg (gasp, wallet burning a tattoo of itself on my leg as the money
catches
fire every 10feet down the road.) The Caddy is reputed to get 5-6mpg better
than the 454 and provide better lowend torque for pulling.
Shawn