Re: [oletrucks] Starters

To: Advdesign1@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Starters
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 08:10:46 -0700
One thing Bob mentioned that reminded me of something, are you using 12 volt
rated wires from the battery? 6 volt systen require a heavier cable. Everytime
you double the voltage, you cut your amperage draw by ½! So, your problem may be
solved by using 2 awg starter wires. If the cables are hot avfter a crank, then
this may solve your problems. The skinny wires will not allow enough current to
flow to the starter. New Mexico Jim